-Updated March 8, 2022-
Guidelines and Terms of Service for Engage, A Rockwell Automation Community
Thank you for being part of Engage, A Rockwell Automation Community! To ensure the best experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our member services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
Rockwell Automation Community Guidelines
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there is no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator. By posting material, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright with respect to such material, received permission from the copyright owner or otherwise have the right to post such material. In addition, you grant Rockwell Automation the right to use the posts, materials or other information, feedback and content associated with your posts.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- Respect confidentiality where applicable and all of your company’s business conduct policies
- Remain professional when creating user names.
- This is a global community where the English language is the core language. Keep in mind that English may not be the first language for all participants.
- No spamming or off-topic material. Spamming of any services in competition with Rockwell Automation will not be tolerated.
- This community is not a jobs board and jobs-related postings, or other forms of solicitations will be removed.
- Read and follow the Rockwell Automation Community Terms.
- If you fail to abide by the community rules, then you may be removed from participating in this community.
- Rockwell Automation has a graduated enforcement policy for repeated violations of the Terms and Conditions:
- First Violation: A written warning is sent to the member who violates the Terms and the message may be deleted.
- Second Violation: A written warning is sent to the member who violates the Terms and the message may be deleted. The user’s community account is put into moderation for 30 days.
- Third Violation: A written warning is sent to the member who violates the Terms and the message may be deleted. The user’s community account is put into moderation for one year.
- Technote article links may be shared in a discussion thread, though some articles may require a TechConnect contract in order to be viewed.
- Rockwell Automation moderators may suggest a topic/discussion would be better addressed using an existing support channel through the Rockwell Support Center. An active support contract may be required at that point.
- The moderators may not be able to take part in all discussions. At any time, you may use other channels (SAQ, Chat Support, Phone Support) to contact our support centers. Keep in mind that these methods may require a TechConnect contract.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
- You are responsible for the safety of your equipment/installation/application etc.
- We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address).
- The views expressed in the community are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of Rockwell Automation.
This Site is provided as a service for the members of the Rockwell Automation Community. Rockwell Automation is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this Site by others. Rockwell Automation makes no endorsement of information posted on this Site, whether posted by Rockwell Automation or any third party. Rockwell Automation does not actively monitor the Site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, Rockwell Automation will take all appropriate action in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to Rockwell Automation’s attention.
Legal Terms and Conditions
Rockwell Automation does not guarantee, represent or warrant that file of any kind, or from any source, available for use through the Site, will be free of Trojan Horses, worms, infections, viruses, or other code or defects that manifest contaminating or destructive properties.
Special attention and caution should be used by you when using peer information and files available for download on the Internet. Ensure you thoroughly understand the potential risks before downloading and adding any files.
This Site may contain links to third-party websites. Such linked websites are not under the control of Rockwell Automation, and Rockwell Automation assumes no responsibility for the contents of any such linked website, any link contained in a linked website, any changes or updates to such linked websites, or any material transmitted or downloaded from any linked website. Rockwell Automation is providing these links to third-party websites solely as a convenience to User, and the inclusion of such links do not imply endorsement by Rockwell Automation of those third-party websites.
Rockwell Automation does not and cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information, and you are responsible for your use of the Site. You agree to the use of the Site, and your submission of content will comply with all applicable laws.
You agree the content you submit will not (i) interfere with the Site’s operation; (ii) violate any person’s privacy or publicity rights or breaches any duty of confidentiality that you owe to anyone; (iii) infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third-party; or (iv) include any non-public information about Rockwell Automation or any third-party without authorization; (v) be defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, harassing, obscene or otherwise objectionable in Rockwell Automation’s sole discretion; (v) contain or install any viruses, worms, bugs, Trojan horses or other code, files or programs designed to, or capable of, disrupting, damaging or limiting the functionality of any software or hardware; or contains false or deceptive language, unsubstantiated claims regarding Rockwell Automation’s or a third party’s products, third party advertising, spam, or any other solicitation of any form.
You grant to Rockwell Automation and its designees a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive fully-paid up and royalty-free license to use any ideas, expression of ideas or other information, solutions, content or materials you submit to the Site (collectively, “Site Materials”) without restrictions of any kind and without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification, to you or any third party. The license shall include, without limitation, the right to reproduce, prepare derivative works, combine with other works, alter, revise, translate, distribute copies, display, perform, license the Site Materials, and all rights therein, in the name of Rockwell Automation or its designees throughout the world in perpetuity in any and all media types. Any such works shall be deemed Site Materials owned by Rockwell Automation and shall not be subject to your approval or payment by Rockwell Automation of any compensation to you. You also agree that Rockwell Automation is free to use any of the Site Materials or any comments, information or ideas contained in any content or communication you submit to the Site, without notice, compensation or acknowledgement to you, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to advertising and marketing, modifying the Site and developing products and services.
THE MATERIALS MAINTAINED ON OR ACCESSED BY WAY OF THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR OTHER VIOLATION OF RIGHTS. ROCKWELL AUTOMATION DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE, VALIDITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF, OR THE RESULTS OF ANY USE OF, OR OTHERWISE RESPECTING, THE MATERIALS MAINTAINED ON OR ACCESSED BY WAY OF THIS SITE OR ANY WEB SITE LINKED TO THIS SITE. ROCKWELL AUTOMATION MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT USE OF THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES ON OR FROM THE SITE (INCLUDING ANY SOFTWARE) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, ACCURATE, SECURE OR ERROR FREE. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW) WILL ROCKWELL AUTOMATION BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, DELAYS, LOSS OF DATA OR PROFIT) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, THE INABILITY TO USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE MATERIALS MAINTAINED ON OR ACCESSED BY WAY OF THIS SITE EVEN IF ROCKWELL AUTOMATION HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF USE OF SUCH MATERIALS RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF USER EQUIPMENT OR DATA, USER ASSUMES ANY COSTS ASSOCIATED THEREWITH.
Any claim relating to this Site or the use of this Site and the materials contained or accessed by way thereof are governed exclusively by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, United States of America, without regard to conflict of law principles. User agrees and hereby submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, with respect to any such claim.
These Terms shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. Rockwell Automation’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. These Terms set forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and Rockwell Automation regarding your use of the Site.
Rockwell Automation reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate or restrict your use of the Site, without notice, and without liability to you or any third party. Rockwell Automation also reserves the right to discontinue any part of the Site at any time.
Please see our Privacy and Cookies Policy to learn what personal data we collect and how we use and protect it.